Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The First Amendment

I believe that the first Amendment is the most important of the bill of rights. It protects the civil liberties of individuals in the United States. For example the Amendment states that congress shall make no law abridging freedom of speech, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble. This is what really makes America what it is. Without it, who would we be? How would we live life?

Would we fall or be punished because we could not have our opinion? Because we do not have the right to rebel?

This right enables us to have these things. Although there are certain limitations, such as abruptly ensuring violence, or threats. I just can not begin to explain how this country would suck if we the people did not have such rights. I'm pretty sure that most of the population would have charges against them. I'm sure that I would be charged as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment